Soffid IAM has three core components:
- Soffid Console: This is the first component to be installed. Includes web interface, BPM and Web services.
- Soffid Repository: Installed on the console installation process. It is just a transactional Database on a supported platform (MariaDB, Mysql, Oracle or Sqlserver)
- Soffid Sync: The main interface between the identity repositories and other Soffid satellite systems.
The following image shows an example of Soffid architecture.
Console and Repository architecture
You can install Soffid Repository on an independent server or in the same server as the console. Typically, separated installation of Console and Repository is reserved to HA database systems.
High Availability will depend of database Software vendor. Please note that Soffid do not provide any HA additional software.
Soffid sync server maintains the synchronization of identities on all directory services configured on your system. There are two kind of sync servers:
- Sync Server: connects directly to a Soffid Repository and
- Sync Proxy: connects to a Soffid sync server
In order to access to a Directory repository you can choose to access it directly from the main sync server or access it using a sync server installed on the server where the directory is installed (or other in the same network) that will be acting as a proxy. This may help to protect all the network traffic as well as simplify network configurations.
In the following image you can view an example of the architecture with a mysql database managed directly from the main servers and an Active Directory and an Oracle database managed through a sync proxy installed on the same host as the managed system:
In this example mysql is accessed directly by the sync servers but AD, Oracle and SAP are accessed using Sync Proxys installed on the servers.