Soffid includes in its Smart Engine a layer of BPM (Business Process Management) to provide useful workflows integrated with the processes and policies of the Soffid core.
Until now, the workflows were implemented with an external programming tool, and it required knowledge of the Soffid core and programming languages.
The BPM Editor Addon allow you to create, configure and publish business processes very easily for the Soffid administrators.
This addon is available from Soffid version 2.7.0.
This addon is located in the Addons section and its name is BPM web editor.
For download and install the addon you could review our generic documentation about this process: Addons installation
After the installation of the addon you could find its web page in the section: Start > Soffid Configuration > BPM editor
With this addon you can perform the next operations:
- In the BPM editor page, you can create, edit and publish workflows (and also remove).
- The workflows can be exported and imported to create backups and copy them in other environments of Soffid.
- Nowadays, there are some templates to create new workflows: user management and permissions management
Once you have published a workflow with the proper configuration:
- The users with the correct permissions will start, approve or observe the workflows.
- The final user could start a new workflow from the Selfservice Portal or if he has more permissions also from the Console.
- Once a workflow is published, this is already available from the menu.
- In the Selfservice: Start > New process > THE WORKFLOW
- In the Console: Start > Processes and tasks > New process > THE WORKFLOW
Pending to be documented.
Pending to be uploaded.
Links to additional information in the documentation:
- Addons installation: 4. Addons
- Selfservice portal: Self Service Portal
- Example of a workflow: Reconcile process
- About your tasks: My tasks