This add-on provides the functionality to reset the user's password when they answer a defined questions.
In order to install it is needed to upload the retrieve password add-on.
Once installed it is needed to be configured (see Retrieve password configuration page). By default, it is disabled.
When the add-on is configured, the users will can reset his password when they complete required questions and answers on his profile (see Retrieve user password section).
Retrieve password configuration
When the users want retrieve their passwords, they must have completed their questions and answers. If the system does not require it when the user start his session, he can complete it in his profile. Also, he can add and delete questions.
If the user have correctly configured his questions, to retrieve password he will follow the next steps to give to system sufficient information to prove their identity.
- They must indicates their username.
- They must answer the required questions.
- They must set the new password.
If the previous steps was correctly completed, the user session will be open and the user will can operate again.
The retrieve password configuration have three parameters:
- Required questions: indicates if the system will check if the user questions are or not answered correctly.
- Disabled: if this option is selected, the system will not check if the user questions are or not answered correctly.
- Required: if this option is selected, the system will check if the user questions are answered correctly.
If the user have not a required number of questions defined or he have not answered all his questions, the system will show the retrieve password questions page.
- Optional: when this option is selected, the system will check the user questions but it will not show the retrieve password questions page if the user questions does not meet the configuration parameters.
- Minimum number of questions filling: indicates the minimum number of user questions that must be have a answer in the user profile.
- Number of answers to unlock: indicates the number of answers that must be answered by the user to reset his password.