This page allows the administrator to decide the engine mechanism for the synchronization tasks, i.e. when the tasks are created and send to the external systems.
There are two fields:
- Task engine mode. This field has three options:
- Read only → Option by default in the installation of Soffid. No task is synchronized to external systems.
- Manual → Only selected synchronization tasks are performed. You could synchronize manually a user, check Users page. Or also synchronize a whole target system, check Agents page.
- Automatic → Each change is automatically sent to target systems.
- Tasks limit per transaction. If a single transaction creates more than this number of tasks, tasks will be held until Soffid administrator releases them. The administrator could check them in the System monitoring#3.Systemmonitoring-Plannedtasks.
Use the task engine values for these scenarios:
- Read only → After the Soffid installation until you have at least one target system configured to test the synchronization.
- Manual → For testing environments, or at the beginning of a live release.
- Automatic → For live environments, or also for testing environment when the platform is mature.
Use a high task limit when you are comfortable with the configured processes of Soffid, for example 1000 or 10000 depending on of the number of accounts of these external systems.